What to Expect at a Breast Augmentation Consultation?
Have you been unhappy with the look of your breasts for a long time? Women’s breasts are constantly changing and often the size, shape, and contour can become unappealing. If you don’t like the appearance of your breasts, then you’ve probably thought about breast augmentation. This popular procedure helps thousands of women each year get their desired breast look. But how do you begin getting a breast augmentation done? One of the first steps is getting a consultation done with a board-certified, experienced surgeon such as Dr. Shaddix at Shaddix Plastic Surgery.
When considering undergoing any treatment, surgical or nonsurgical, talking to a professional is so important in preparing for it. Dr. Shaddix uses this time to get to know you. You may ask any questions that you have and voice any concerns about breast augmentation. Consultations are great for looking at your options and which treatment would be best to help you reach your desired breast size, shape, and contour. Some patients may require reduction or breast lift along with augmentation. This consultation appointment helps you to understand what to expect during as well as after your surgery.
The consultation appointment is not only to help you understand the procedure better but so Dr. Shaddix can determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure. Through a discussion, he will want to learn about your general health and medical history to make sure that you can undergo this surgery safely. He will also examine and measure your breasts to get a better understanding of what exactly needs to be done to obtain the best results. Dr. Shaddix will provide you with the different implant options and help to choose which one will be best for you.
Dr. Shaddix offers a variety of breast implants which he will go over during the consultation with you. The different implant types are:
- Saline: These implants are filled with sterile saline water. They provide good shape, firmness, and feel. These are inserted through a small incision and then filled to the desired size for augmentation.
- Silicone: These implants are pre-filled with a cohesive silicone gel. The gel tends to feel more like natural breast tissue than other implants.
- Gummy Bear: These implants are also called form-stable implants and have thicker silicone gel than traditional silicone gel implants. Gummy bear implants look and feel natural while also holding their shape better.
When going into your consultation, it is important to be prepared with the questions that you want to ask. Some good questions to ask Dr. Shaddix are:
- Are the results I want realistic?
- Can I look at before-and-after photos of previous patients?
- How much will it cost?
- What kind of implants do you recommend?
- Where will the implants be placed?
- What is the recovery like?
- What are the risks associated with this procedure?
- What if I want to change my implants in the future?
These are just some standard questions you should ask during your consultation. Dr. Shaddix will be sure to be as detailed as possible during this time so you are comfortable before getting the surgery done.
If you are ready to start discussing breast augmentation come in for a consultation. The best way to know if you are ready for a procedure like this is by speaking with Dr. Shaddix personally. To make an appointment call our Pensacola office or fill out an online form.